Thursday 1 September 2016

SEPTEMBER 2016

 
HAPPY SEPTEMBER EVERYONE
Its the first day of SPRING in Australia
 
This month brings us a NEW DESIGN TEAM MEMBER!
 
Please give a warm Dusty welcome to
 

Here is what Cathy has to share with you ... 
 
Hi there!  My name is Cathy Cafun and I live in sunny Queensland with my husband, 2 children and 2 cute fur babies, who are the inspiration for most of my scrapbooking creations and who very patiently… well most of the time... put up with me constantly trying to capture them on film!
I was introduced to paper crafting by a close friend 10 years ago, and it has become an all-consuming passion and is now part of my daily life.
If I had to describe my style I would say it is predominantly shabby chic/romantic, but I am very partial to the grungy distressed look when creating masculine layouts.  My pages, cards and BTP projects always have elements of texture and dimension and I find layering, distressing and any form of mixed media a wonderful way to achieve this.
My creations have been published in magazines here in Australia and overseas.  Being part of the Scrapbooking Industry has allowed me to share my passion for paper crafting by teaching at various stores and Scrapbooking Events in Brisbane and interstate, as well as on the Workshop Wonders on Waters Scrapbooking Cruise!!
I am so excited to have been invited to be part of the Dusty Attic Design Team, working alongside this amazingly talented group of ladies, and I can’t wait to share my creations with you.
 
 
Thank you Cathy, we cant wait to see your creations !

Now on to announce the WINNER
of the August Mood Board ..... 

SANDERIJN DE BREUIN
ONCE AGAIN IT WAS SO HARD FOR THE DESIGN TEAM TO CHOOSE WITH SUCH AMAZING CREATIONS, A HUGE THANKYOU TO EVERYONE THAT MADE OUR JOB HARD  ! hehehe 

 
 
The September Mood Board is another stunner !!!
and with us to share inspiration is the gorgeous
 
RACHELLE SIGURDSON
 
Hello, today I am here to share with you a LO I did using Dusty Attics Mood Board for September....


 
 
The Challenge has a amazing prize of a $100 Dusty Attic Gift Voucher to the  Dusty Attic Website  for the winner. To enter all you need to do, is use the Mood Board for Inspiration,  you can interpret it anyway you like. The only requirement is that Dusty Attic chipboard is used in your creation. Once completed simply add your link to the right side of the bar of the Dusty Attic Blog...
The Dusty Attic used:
Creative Script Stencil
Creative Script Stencil
Flower Buds #2
Flower Buds #2
Foliage #2
Foliage #2
Lace Border #4
Lace Border #4
Mini Blossoms
Mini Blossoms
mini Blossoms #2
Mini Blossoms #2
Barb Wire Frames
Barb Wire Frames
Marrakesh Trellis small
Marrakesh Trellis Mini
FAncy Trim #5
Fancy Trim #5
Birdcage #5
Birdcage #5
mini Bird Cages #1
Mini Bird Cages #1
Flutterbies #3
Flutterbies #3
mini Script ABC set
Mini Script ABC
Dusty in Colour Soot
Dusty in Colour Soot
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish

I used, Riddersholm Barn Market Collection

My first step on the chipboard, was to paint it with the DA Soot paint, as shown in the above photo....
Once the paint dried, I applied the clear crackle varnish...
Once the crackle dried I painted the chipboard with the LuminArt & Shimmeriz paints...
 
 
Here are some close ups....
Shows paper layers, using black lace in the layers....
I dipped the mini blossoms in water, & separated the chipboard layers, then painted them with LuminArt paints, glued a couple of the layers together, then added the micro beads for the flower centers.... 












Thank you so much for taking the time to look, & I am looking forward to seeing, what you come up with, with this months Mood Board....Rachelle

7 comments:

  1. Congrats Kathy, so great to have you on board!
    Rachelle, this is the absolute masterpiece!!!! Never have I seen anything like it! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooow I am so honoured! thank you so so much for choosing my entry as a winner!
    That new moodboard is just breathtakingly beautiful! absolutely gorgeous combination of colors!
    Love your creation Rachelle! Beautiful work! Love those gorgeous colors of the paints too!
    Welcome Cathy, amazing for you to be the new DT member!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sanderinj!! Your work is wonderful! :)
    And thanks to Rachelle Sigurdson for that astonish inspiration for September moodboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Cathy! So great to have you here! Congrats to the winner and such an incredible creation from Rachael again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachelle your lastest LO Dusty Attics Mood Board for September is just stunning, awesome and amazing there is so much to look at and there are so many layers I am impressively gob smacked. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachelle your lastest LO Dusty Attics Mood Board for September is just stunning, awesome and amazing there is so much to look at and there are so many layers I am impressively gob smacked. Love it.

    ReplyDelete